On August 23, 2017 the Chinese Studies Department of the Institute of Asian and Oriental Studies (IAOS) at the University of Zurich has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for a two-year project, funded by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of China, for sponsoring various Taiwan-related activities at IAOS.
Two conferences will fall under the scope of this grant; its focus is mostly on academic and scholarly events during the first year and on the acquisition of important databases and library resources, as well as on inviting Taiwanese lecturers and scholars to hold seminars at our institute, during the second year.
The project will also aim at improving the offer of Taiwan-related courses taught by academic staff at the institute.
With our varied and comprehensive choice of topics, we aim to attract students from several departments and backgrounds, e.g. from Chinese Studies, Political Sciences and International Relations, Gender Studies and Film Studies.
The project has started officially in September 2017. Person in charge of the project is PD Dr. Simona Grano.
To stay in touch with our upcoming events, please follow us on our facebook page:
Events sponsored so far:
1) The inaugural Zurich Taiwan Lecture Series on September 12, 2017 http://www.aoi.uzh.ch/de/institut/events/lectureseries/taiwanlectureseries/fell.html
2) The yearly conference on the European Association of Taiwan Studies http://www.aoi.uzh.ch/de/institut/events/conferences/conferenceEATS.html
3) The second Taiwan Lecture Series on April 10, 2018 http://www.agenda.uzh.ch/record.php?id=37229&group=95
- November 1. 2018. Screening of Super Citizen Ko (Wan Jen): https://www.aoi.uzh.ch/de/institut/events/other/taiwanfilmseriesIcitizen.html
- November 8. 2018. Screening of It Takes Two to Tango (Wan Jen): https://www.agenda.uzh.ch/record.php?id=39508&group=95