Questions and Answers
Are you interested in a BA/MA degree in Islamic Studies, Arabic, Turkish, or Islamic Culture and Society? Do you have questions concerning the structure of the degree or particular modules? Do you want to study part-time and would like some advice? Or do you plan to study for a semester abroad and want to have qualifications gained abroad recognized. The Student Advisory is here to help you.
Before contacting the Student Advisory, please read the relevant information on our website thoroughly. There you will find detailed information on the subjects on offer in the department of Islamic Studies. You will also find the relevant degree regulations and guide.
Do you still have questions? Would you like personal advice? Or do you have specific questions about the recognition of external qualifications? Then please arrange an appointment with your student advisor.
How to Register at the Student Advisory
- Please use the email addresses provided below. Should your student advisor be absent, your enquiry can be read and answered by the cover person, if necessary.
- When contacting the Advisory for questions concerning your
degree, please always give your
- Matriculation number
- Degree type (BA/MA) and combination of subjects
- Telephone number, by which you can be reached for response
- Please bring the following documents with you to your
- Current transcript
- Official transcripts form other universities
- Study contract for transfer to Degree Regulations 2013 (for all who began their degree before Fall Semester 2013)
- Any other relevant documents
- A print out of the Degree Regulations
Contact the Student Advisory
Further Options for Advice
Links and information on further options at the IAOS and UZH for advice concerning your degree can be found here.
For technical questions concerning your degree path, the current course offering, module booking, cancellation, module evaluation, and overview of assessment, please consult the Student Administration of the Institute of Asian and Oriental Studies.