The International Society for Arabic Papyrology
The International Society for Arabic Papyrology, Inc. (ISAP) was officially founded on the 24th of March 2002 in Cairo and is currently based at Princeton University. Its goals are to increase, address, explore and exchange information and knowledge relevant to Arabic papyrology in the widest sense.
- You can view the list of ISAP members online.
- To subscribe to the ISAP e-mail list (Arabic Papy-list), please send a short message containing your name, e-mail address and a brief description of your research interests to: arabic_papyri at auburn.edu.
- We are currently in the process of putting together our third newsletter which will discuss current research projects in the field of Arabic papyrology and related topics. You will find the first two issues of al-Bardiyyat here.
- The articles of incorporation and by-laws are available online.
- After the ISAP conferences in Cairo (2002), Granada (2004), Alexandria (2006) and Vienna (2009), the fifth ISAP conference will take place in Carthage, Tunisia, on March 28-31, 2012. For more information see the conference web-site.
- Other projects ISAP is involved in include: the Checklistof Arabic papyrus editions, the Arabic Papyrology School, the Arabic Papyrology Database for Arabic text editions, plans for cataloguing and digitilisation of Arabic papyrus collections.
If you would like more information, please write to Petra Sijpesteijn (p.m.sijpesteijn at hum.leidenuniv.nl) or Lennart Sundelin (lkrsundelin at aucegypt.edu). For all information concerning the website, please write to Andreas Kaplony (kaplony at oriental.uzh.ch).